Purchasing Items Overview
Use the 'Stock' feature to mark items to order from stock.
Use the 'Purchase Order' feature to order items from a manufacturer.
Items marked to pull from stock or added to purchase orders must first exist as line items in the system.
Line items added after purchase orders are created can be added to existing purchase orders or added to newly created purchased orders.
Purchase order items or the entire purchase order can be deleted. To delete an item in a purchase order, the item 'Received' date must be empty and the parent purchase order 'Order Date' and 'Received' date must be blank. In addition the entire purchase order can only be deleted if all associated items are deleted first.
Values can be overridden for a stock or purchase order item. Overrides to purchase order items automatically override the associated line item in the line item list but stock value overrides do not.
Entering a received date on a purchase order automatically enters this date on all blank received dates for the related purchase order items.
Entering all purchase order item received dates automatically enters this date on the associated purchase order.
Deleting an item in the line item list automatically deletes any associated purchase order item but does not delete any associated stock item.
Suggested order dates are based on expected days to receive the items. Ordering items when suggested (just in time JIT ordering) should result in items being received near the same time for a patient order. This should reduce the items requiring storage and waiting for other parts to arrive.
To save time, received dates can be marked in one window across all open orders instead of opening each purchase order in each patient order. To open the associated purchase order details, click on the folder button in the grid row which opens the associated patient order and 'Purchase Order' window.
Bundle purchase orders for the same manufacturer under a single purchase order to reduce ordering costs. Bundled purchase orders can also be unbundled if necessary.
- Order Items From Stock: Order fabricated in house items or items stored from stock for general use.
- Delete Item Ordered From Stock: Delete an item ordered from stock but not yet marked as received.
- Create Purchase Order: Generate a new purchase order from selected line items. A separate purchase order is generated for each manufacturer.
- Append To Existing Purchase Order: Append all selected line items to an existing purchase order. Make sure to select an appropriate purchase order since the system does not prevent merging items from different manufacturers.
- Delete Purchase Order: Delete a purchase order item not marked as ordered or received. Can also delete an entire purchase order not marked as ordered or received and has no associated items.
- Receiving Purchase Orders For Multiple Orders: To save time, received dates can be marked in one window across all open orders instead of opening each purchase order in each patient order.
- Bundling Purchase Orders: Bundle purchase orders for the same manufacturer under a single purchase order to reduce ordering costs. Bundled purchase orders can also be unbundled if necessary.
- Batch Print Purchase Orders: To save time, batch print purchase orders instead of looking up and printing each purchase order separately.
- Print Purchase Order By PO Number: Print a single purchase order by entering the purchase order number.
- Report Spending By Manufacturer: Run a report showing the amount spent for each purchase order grouped and summed by manufacturer.
- Report Purchase Orders Overdue To Receive: Run a report showing purchase orders that are past due to receive.
- Report Purchase Orders Overdue To Send: Run a report showing when purchase orders should be sent when using just in time (JIT) ordering which should result in items being received near the same time for a patient order. This should reduce the items requiring storage and waiting for other parts to arrive.